Monks in Phuket. Photos from 2006
I'll add new photos here as and when we take them. We have inherited a digital camera now (thanks to Mum and Dad who do love to get a new camera now and then), so there should be no excuse for lack of photos. Rather than email them and clog up anyone's inbox, the place to be is here:
jjjjmonk.blogspot.com
Anyone who cares can thus bookmark this site and come back again and again for hours of fun. For more information about what we are doing, where we live, how life is treating us, I have more blogs:
Jamie's Phuket - the main blog
We Love Phuket - see some images of Phuket on Google Earth here!
Phuket Weather - regular weather updates mixed with general blurb.
So, its June 2006. Jamie is 37 years old (how did that happen?). Jurirat, commonly known as Mam, is 30 years old (and she is rather surprised at that). Jessica, our No.1 girl, is nearly 5 - her birthday is 24th July. And John, our bouncing baby boy, is now 1 year and 5 months old and making a right nuisance of himself.
We live in Phuket, which is in Thailand. Phuket is a well known holiday destination, but has much more to offer, as I try to show in my blogs. We have no real plans to leave, but this will depend on the kids. I want them to have a good education, like wot I had, and a good education here can be expensive. Our house is in the Kathu area of Phuket in the center of the island between Phuket Town and Patong Beach (the main tourist strip). I work for a dive company called Sunrise Divers ( www.sunrise-divers.com), doing web work, answering emails and generally trying to improve sales by any means necessary. Despite still being a PADI dive instructor, I have not done any teaching for about a year now, and have hardly dived in that time either! Ah well.
Jessica is at a bilingual school, currently in the Thai class, but we hope to be able to put her in the (much more expensive) English class next year. She is clever, but seems to have the attention span of a goldfish. She is like Dory, the blue fish in Finding Nemo. Always flitting about. Maybe getting more peaceful now, she does like books and drawing.
John is, in a way, our miracle baby. He was born 2 weeks after "The Tsunami". The day before the tsunami, we were on the beach. Me, Jessica, a heavily pregnant Mam, lots of friends, their kids. I do not suppose we will ever stop thinking "what if?". More about my thoughts are in my blog - Living Through the Tsunami: Part 1 / Part 2.
My life is my family. So this blog will be full of photos of them.
Jamie, Jurirat, Jessica and John. We are the 4 J's.
Jamie the Blogger - Jamie's Phuket | Phuket Weather