Time: I'd like to have it again
A note of melancholy? A realisation? You can't have time twice. My son is going to be 3 in January. Jessica is already 6. The best 6 years of my life and I'd gladly take them again. I have been talking with Jessica tonight at bedtime and she says "Oh, I really want to be a good girl all the time, but how?" So I gave her some ideas, like helping mummy tidy up, getting up and showering in the morning without any fuss, listening to her teacher and doing her schoolwork... She can be a right kerfuffle, but I feel she is on the brink of self discovery - realising that being good is the best way to get along in life.


Meanwhile, John (age 2 years and nearly 8 months) does not worry about such complications. He is convinced that he is King Peter of Narnia, and likes to play with swords. His spoken English is getting good and we might put him in preschool in October. He is a delight. They both are.

August was not a really busy month. I am working hard, Jessica is at school, we seem to have a party of one kind or another to attend every weekend, and the weather has been changeable, with a fair amount of rain. We managed a trip to the zoo when Mam's sister Ann came to stay for a week and we have gone up Buddha Mountain twice in the last month. Just another few weeks and school is off for a month, so I will take another mini holiday.
Jessica's school had Sports Day last week - Jessica was not running, though she was a dancing cheerleader. I had to work of course and Mam forgot the camera, but said Jessica was very sweet and not afraid to dance in front of the people. Very proud :)






Finally a bit of fun - a view I really like taken from a back road over the mountain near Patong Beach:

And some "Photoshopping" :
Jamie the Blogger - Jamie's Phuket | Phuket Weather