May 3rd. More holiday snaps
We stayed overnight in Prachuap Khiri Khan town. Due to the grey/wet weather we half thought to drive back to Chumphon, but we were tired, and thankfully found a decent hotel 2 doors from Mam's cousin's house! In the morning, I took a walk along the seafront with John. Prachuap Khiri Khan is a small fishing town. I liked it and I think we'll go back.

(above) Jessica and Eng...
compare to this photo from a few years earlier...

Just outside town is Ao Manao (Lime Bay), site of a WW2 battle (the Thais fought the Japanese for about a day before signing an armistice). It is an airforce base and there are some old planes on display.
There is also a Dusky Langur conservation center ... you can feed the monkeys.

Monkeys and Ao Manao (Lime Bay)
(above) Mam and I took a walk up steep steps for a view. Our legs suffered.

We stopped for some food at Ao Manao, an early lunch before heading back to Chumphon (in the rain).
We stopped at an aquarium near Prachuap Khiri Khan, not a bad place, maybe better than Phuket aquarium. A couple of silly photos...
Jamie the Blogger - Jamie's Phuket | Phuket Weather